Instant Pot Yogurt
Super easy, super good, and super good for you! This is the perfect recipe for an Instant Pot with a Yogurt Setting.
Servings: Makes 1 quart
- 1 Quart of organic, grass-fed cow’s milk (if you can get raw-even better)
- Option: you can use goat’s milk, it just wont be as thick
- 1/2 cup ready-made organic Greek-Style yogurt with Live Active Cultures
- Instant Pot with Yogurt Setting
- Cooking Thermometer (a Deep Fry thermometer with clip works perfectly for this)
- Pour milk into the Instant Pot metal bowl and secure the lid in place
- Turn your Instant Pot to the yogurt setting
- Adjust the yogurt setting to boil or high at 181° F. Then press start. This will allow your milk to boil.
- When the boil cycle is over (you’ll hear the beep), turn off the Instant Pot
- Remove the Instant Pot metal bowl and place it on counter to allow the milk to cool
- Place a thermometer into the bowl and allow the milk to cool to about 115°. This may take 20 mins or so
- Remove the thermometer. If film has formed on the surface of the milk, just remove it with the skimmer
- Add in the ready-made yogurt with live cultures. Mix until the yogurt is evenly combined with the milk
- Place the metal bowl back into the Instant Pot, and adjust the yogurt setting to medium heat (107° F) Adjust the time to 12:00 for 12 hours of incubation (for a more tart yogurt set to 24:00 or 24 hours)
- If this is your first time making Instant Pot yogurt, simply do a taste test at 12 hours, then restart the yogurt setting to incubate for longer if you wish
- Secure the lid in place and press start
- The time readout should say 0:00. It will incubate for 12-24 hours (depending on your preference). Once you press start, the timer will indicate the time passed
- After your determined time of incubation, the yogurt should be slightly set, and a jelly-like consistency
- Allow the yogurt to cool at room temperature for a couple of hours, then chill in the fridge to finish setting the yogurt
- Transfer to mason jars, and chill before eating. Keeps in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks
Enjoy it plain or dress it up with some fresh fruit or other favorite toppings and stevia for a creamy dessert!
TIP: Reserve 1/2 cup of your homemade yogurt to make your next batch!