This is a simple, yet super tasty and hearty bread. Topped with a drizzle of honey makes for a sweet treat. When I first made it, hubby asked for another piece right away, saying, “It’s like liquid candy.”
Great also topped with yogurt cheese or warmed with a pat of butter.
The overnight soaking in kefir make the flour easily digestible and super nutritious.
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups of milk kefir
- 4 cups of spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbs of raw honey
- 1 Tbs of butter or tallow
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor
- Grease large loaf pan (or baking dish) with additional tallow or butter and dust with flour
- Fill pan with bread dough and cover
- Leave on counter for 24 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins. covered with an oven safe lid (may use aluminum foil. Just make sure aluminum is domed as to not touch the dough)
- Remove lid or foil and bake an additional 15 mins
Click here to print out recipe